Arranging your wedding from outside Australia

September 2, 2016 7:51 am

Unlike many other countries around the world, it is quite simple to arrange to be married in Australia from afar. You simply complete the Notice of Intended Marriage form and have your signatures witnessed by a Consular Officer at the Australian Embassy or by a Public Notary. You should then scan the Notice to your celebrant. This must be done at least one month prior to the wedding. It is wise to then post the original to the celebrant.

There is no requirement to be in the country for any period of time before the marriage takes place. Here are two couples I married recently.

Nicole & Stefan from Austria & Rashid & Linda from Sweden

Nicole & StefanRashid & Linda

Categorised in: ,

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *